Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Review: Half-Blood


Half-Blood
Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Well, this has to be one of my favourite reads of 2013 and one of my favourite series of books ever. The fact that the theme of this series is to do with Greek mythology got my attention before I even started, and I was not disappointed with the content and how it was worked into the story. Very much like Vampire Academy in some respects but I'm not complaining I loved both series and how they differed from one another worked really well for both for different reasons, although I am partial to the covenant series more so. The main character Alex, is feisty yet funny a perfect personality to follow throughout the series and for that I'm very glad as it's really hard work trying to enjoy a book when you can't stand the leads. As for her leading man, Aiden is a perfect example of dream-lead-male, brooding and series but extremely hot and powerful, Unobtainable too which is my favourite kind :). The tension and chemistry between them is perfect, some very cringe worthy moments and shouting internally at the pages moments. The twists and turns that get thrown in as you progress are fantastic and make it very hard to put down. Excellent start to this series and without spoiling the story too much I can't say just how much I love it. 5 very well deserved stars I had to give.



View all my reviews